Monday, October 6, 2008

Sign up for Diigo

Diigo is a tool for social bookmarking and social annotation. That means it's a service for bookmarking pages and then accessing them from any computer. You can also make notes and then share those notes with someone else via email.

Go to Diigo here.
I highly recommend the Demo video.

For Wed, please sign up for Diigo, download the toolbar, and try to bookmark a page with notes. For now choose a page that has something to do with our current topic of changing literacies.

Diiigo Toolbar


  1. Sign up for an account or using a new username or Open ID
  2. Install the Diigo toolbar. (Use Firefox for best results).
  3. Click the "bookmark" icon to book mark a page.
  4. Highlight some text.
  5. Mouseover that text and choose from the menu "add stickynote."
  6. Share that page with me by choosing the "Send" icon and emailing it to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coach, I downloaded the Diigolet, found a page, annotated it and everything, but I can't find the "send" feature.

Here's the link of the page.

http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6573270.html

I think I did it right.... oh well.

- James LaPlant